Take a fresh look at garri with this simple but sensational recipe for Garri Foto! Add a little Poi-Poi Sauce for that extra zing!
Thanks to our Ghanaian brothers and sisters for sharing this with us!
To prepare the stew:
- Chop onions, garlic, ginger and add peppers to taste
- Toss the chopped vegetables in oil until cooked but not too soft
- Add chopped tomatoes and seasoning as required
- Let mixture cook until moisture content is low
- Add flaked tuna, fish, corned beef, shrimps, chicken, beef, eggs (any protein)
- Let stew cool down
To prepare the garri:
- Put the desired amount of garri in a mixing bowl
- Sprinkle water over the garri in small amounts and mix into the garri
- Repeat this several times until garri is slightly crunchy but fluffy
- Mix in the stew as desired and add Poi-Poi Sauce to the mix or as a side sauce.
NOTE: Poi-Poi Sauce can also be used instead of regular seasoning. Enjoy!